The Oath Project
The New Media Group joined The Oath Project on the 20th October, 2010.
The Oath Project is about creating value without missing out on acting in the best interests of society and the planet. The Oath represents a personal commitment to lead with purpose, act with integrity, and understand the reach, power, and responsibility of business. By committing to what it represents we are joining thousands of other dedicated leaders changing the face of business one decision at a time.
As a business leader I recognize that:
The enterprise I lead must serve the greater good by bringing together people and resources to create value that no single individual can create alone,
- My decisions can have far-reaching consequences that affect the wellbeing of individuals inside and outside my enterprise, today and tomorrow,
- As I reconcile the interests of different constituencies, I will face choices that are not easy for me and others.
So I promise that:
I will manage my enterprise diligently and in good faith and will not let personal considerations and compensation supersede the long-term interest of my enterprise and society at large,
- I will understand and uphold, both in letter and spirit, the laws and contracts governing my own conduct and that of my enterprise,
- I will respect and protect the human rights and dignity of all people who are affected by my enterprise and will oppose all forms of discrimination and exploitation,
- I will respect and protect the right of future generations to enjoy a clean and resourceful planet,
- I will not engage in nor tolerate bribery or any other form of corruption,
- I will represent the performance and risks of my enterprise accurately and honestly to each of the constituencies that are affected by it,
- I will actively engage in efforts to finding solutions to critical social and environmental issues that are central to my enterprise, and
- I will invest in my own professional development as well as the development of other managers under my supervision.
In exercising my professional duties according to these principles I recognize that my behavior must set an example of integrity and responsible conduct.
This pledge I make freely and upon my honor.